Monday, February 13, 2017

Announcing the Franchot Tone Blogathon!

I am so excited to announce that I'll be hosting the first ever Franchot Tone Blogathon! Since this blog began, I've enjoyed celebrating actors I admire through blogathons hosted by fantastic classic film blogs. Now, it's Franchot's turn! In honor of the second anniversary of the Finding Franchot blog, I will be hosting a Franchot Tone Blogathon from April 21 through April 23, 2017.

How to Join:

1. Choose a film, tv show, or radio show featuring Franchot Tone that you enjoy and write about it! My hope is that everyone will write about a piece of Franchot's work that you really love and that you feel is an important part of his legacy. For example, I'm writing about Three Loves Has Nancy because it's a film that shows off Franchot's comedic skills and the first film in which Franchot caught my eye. Without that fateful viewing of Three Loves Has Nancy years ago, this little Franchot Tone blog wouldn't exist. If you need to refresh your memory, here's a list of Franchot's filmography. If you don't want to limit it to just one performance, you are welcome to highlight your favorite moments found in multiple films or get creative with how you approach the topic. Duplicate topics are allowed.

2. To celebrate the second anniversary of Finding Franchot, I'm hosting the blogathon as a celebration on the weekend of April 21 through April 23. Just publish your post in that time frame and leave a link on the post I'll have up that weekend.

3. Comment here the Franchot work you are planning to cover and I'll add you to the roster.

3. Choose a banner below and display it on your blog with a link back to this post.




Also, thank you to Le over at Critica Retro for first encouraging me to host a Franchot blogathon with a comment left on this site!

Roster:

Finding Franchot - Three Loves Has Nancy (1938) and Playing Against Type

Old Hollywood Films - Five Graves to Cairo (1943)

Phyllis Loves Classic Movies - Coming around to Franchot Tone

Critica Retro - Dancing Lady (1933)
 
Back to Golden Days - Three Comrades (1938)
 
Mike's Take on the Movies - Twilight Zone, Hitchcock, and Suspense
 
Musings of a Classic Film Addict - Phantom Lady (1943)
 
Flapper Dame - Franchot Tone & Joan Crawford
 
Linda Lear - The Bride Wore Red (1937)
 
 
 
Classic Movie Treasures - Her Husband's Affairs (1947)
 
 

23 comments:

  1. I would like to write an article on Five Graves to Cairo for Old Hollywood Films.

    Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice! I've got you down. Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  2. There are a couple movies I would like to write about but I haven't seen them recently enough to write about them and I can't get a hold of them without outright buying them. I guess I will write a post on "Coming around to Franchot Tone," about how I initially didn't like him but now I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea for a post! I think a lot of people will identify with your post. He's not always an immediate favorite. I had seen several of the Harlow-Tone movies and Honeymoon with Shirley Temple and felt kind of indifferent about him for a while. Then one day, I saw him in a film and it just clicked for me and I've been a fan ever since. I've got you down for Coming around to Franchot Tone. Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you followed my advice! I can't miss this opportunity to collaborate. Can I write about Dancing Lady (1933)?
    Cheers!
    Le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put you down for Dancing Lady. I love his scenes with Joan in that one! Thank you for the advice and for participating.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Thank you for the invite. :)
    Could I please take "Three Comrades" (1938)?

    -Cátia. xo
    Back to Golden Days (http://back-to-golden-days.blogspot.pt/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got you down for Three Comrades. His performance is so moving in that one.

      Delete
  5. Hello. I'll feature a trio of TV episodes. Twilight Zone, Hitchcock and Suspense at Mike's Take on the Movies.https://mikestakeonthemovies.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! I've got you down for those tv episodes...definitely some of Franchot's best acting work!

      Delete
    2. Hello. Doing my Tone viewing tonight and realize I don't have that Hitchcock episode, BUT, I do have a Bonanza one so subbing that one in for Hitch.

      Delete
    3. Sounds good to me. I just rewatched Denver McKee this weekend myself.

      Delete
    4. I just posted my feature, thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  6. Similarly to Phyllis, I wouldn't be able to get my hands on my favorite Franchot films without going out and buying them, but I'd still love to participate in the blogathon with a film of his that I haven't seen, Phantom Lady (1944), if that's okay! I'm Musings of a Classic Film Addict at https://annsblyth.wordpress.com/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be perfect. I'm interested to read your thoughts on Phantom Lady, because every time I watch it I seem to have different feelings about it.:)

      Delete
  7. Hi Id like to do a piece on Joan Crawford and Franchot's relationship! Thanks! Theflapperdamefilm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I've got you down and am looking forward to your post on Franchot and Joan. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. The Bride Wore Red ! PLEASE ������������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, Linda. I'll mark The Bride Wore Red as yours!

      Delete
  9. Hello! Can I please write about Dangerous? Thanks! The url for my blog is https://charsmoviereviews.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it is not too late, I would like to write about Her Husband's Affairs-1947.

    classicmovietreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one! I've got you down for Her Husband's Affairs as yours. Thank you for joining!

      Delete